Thursday 6 October 2011

My Current Chaos Space Marine List 1750 pts

Hi everyone (or no one, I don't know how many people are actually reading this stuff), I thought I'd post the army list I'm using at the moment as well as some insights on how I'm using it. Firstly, here's the list itself:

1 Abbadon the Despoiler 275

Total 275



8 Khorne Berserkers 168

Plasma Pistol 15

Champion 15

Power Fist 25

Total 223



10 Plague Marines 230

Melta Gun 10

Flamer 5

Personal Icon 5

Champion 15

Power Fist 25

Combi-Melta 10

Total 300



7 Plague Marines 161

Melta Gun 10

Flamer 5

Personal Icon 5

Champion 15

Power Fist 25

Combi-Melta 10

Rhino 35

Total 266



3 Oblitorators 225

Total 225



1 Chaos Land Raider 220

Extra Armour 15

Dozar Blade 5

Total 240



1 Chaos Land Raider 220

Total 220




Army Total 1749

This army list mainly works by shoving a land raider full of Khorne Berserkers and Abbadon down the enemy's throat. This unit makes a major target and works very well as both a deathstar (it will kill just about anything it needs to!) and as a distraction. 

The Oblitorators almost always deep strike, this allows me to get 3 twin linked Melta Guns right next to an important enemy unit such as a Land Raider etc, all of my main units have an Icon (the berserkers don't need one as abbadon has it!) meaning I can reliably deep strike as close to the enemy as I like. the only times the Oblitorators will deploy as normal is when I'm playing Dark Eldar and Razorspam lists with their lightly armoured transports where the Lascannons are more useful then the Meltas.

The final aspects to this list are the two units of Plague Marines, one riding a Rhino and the second riding about in the second Land Raider, these are very useful units which work very well as both scoring units and as front line combat units, they are very tough units (especially the squad in the Land Raider) and can still put out some devastating close range firepower.

That's about it for now, I'll talk a little about my heresy era Death Guard tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment